[omc-boats] Re: tilt solenoids

From: Micah Donahue <mdonahue@...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:55:40 -0400

Thanks, gents re: the relays. Will switch them to test, but waiting
for a new tilt motor to do so. And at $15 ea., may just replace them
both anyway...

Though I agree w/ others' logic that almost any starter solenoid will
work, mine happen to look much more like this:
http://c2c.demo.activant.com/ctoc/index.jsp?
ID=YEz1rACw.PmFwKlN9CUAKfmRGVhoVYFdF
(thanks to Ethan Brodsky for the link)

...than the ones pictured below. I assume as long as I get a grounded
base and 4 contacts, I'll be fine.
http://marineengineparts.com/15%20starters%20&%20alternators%20page%
2070-79.pdf#search='MES1938M'
Anyone know why this would have 1 small contact and mine/others have
2? That doesn't seem to correlate with whether it's a grounded base
or not.

Going back one page from the link just above, this item (MES3368M)
looks just like mine:
http://marineengineparts.com/15%20starters%20&%20alternators%20page%
2070-79.pdf

Cheers,