[omc-boats] Posting pictures--- Please don't!

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:10:38 -0400 (EDT)

Please don't try to post photos to the list-- they come thru
as a whole lot of rubbish to "digest" readers (if they're small
enough to make it onto the list), and if they're too large,
they get thrown into a mailbox of "likely to be spam" messages,
ever since spammers got hold of the list address I had to direct
list errors off to the side, or have to deal with lots and lots
of list submission attempts of GIF (image file) advertizements!

I've put an image I just rescued from the trash of jdood's trailer;

http://www.gull-wing.net/gallery/jdood/JOHNSONXBOATX002.jpg

(which looks to be an OMC/Johnson/Evinrude "I-Beam" trailer)

Along with the pic, he wrote:

> Yeah - this list needs more pics! this is the best trailer pic I
> have...although it doesn't show the big lever thing on the opposite side
> that makes me nervous. It's very similar to the "playmate" trailer
> from your link, but longer. It's just that lever thing....it's ok once
> you get used to it, but you end up lifting up the boat with that lever
> and having it sort of suspended by this slotted locking gear thing while
> you lower the wheel. I just dread the day when I bump it while messing
> with the wheel and it comes down on a finger or something. I plan on
> doctoring it up this year. New paint, new swing down wheel, and a
> beefing up of the gear/lever thing.

The tilt lever is another sign it's likely an original equipment trailer...

Mind if I add your pic to the "gallery"? Is that green metallic paint?

phil