Re: [omc-boats] Sportsman engine model/serial # lookup?

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:42:37 -0400 (EDT)

> From: <lib1@...>

> Over at www.fiberglassics.com they like to use JEGO for
> Johnson/Evinrude/Gale/OMC as they are typically talking about older
> outboards, not stringer sterndrives. see: http://www.fiberglassics.com/jego/

Thanks! I've added this link to my site. The JEGO page also has a
link to www.old-omc.de which is replete with old catalogs.

The 1965 Evinrude engine catalog;

        http://www.old-omc.de/index2.html

Shows a Sweet '16 with white gunwales -- did boats ever come from
the factory like this?

> Note: Us old farts remember when Gale was another badge-engineered brand of
> OMC outboard and later the Parts & Accessory Division of Outboard Marine
> Corporation.

I was born in '61, and they stopped using the gale name around then,
so at least I'm not an old fart in one part of my life!

P.S.
I've never tried to make a list of engine model numbers, but
I do note them on my boat models list when people send them to me:

http://www.gull-wing.net/data.html