Re: [omc-boats] RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #586

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:47:19 -0600

hi dan,

Sounds like you've done your research. I mentioned the 61 Uni-Charger
model's as being the first alternator models, because my Dad bought one when
I was a kid.
It still used a mechanically shifted gearcase, but was otherwise similar to
the 62-65 electric-shift/alternator equipped 75's and 90-S. As far as I know
all 62-65 non-electric shift V-4's outboards had nothing or DC generators.

Do you have decent schematics? I posted one on Phil's site at:
http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/lee.shuster/68_100hp_V4.jpg

You know, come to think of it the external regular was probably the same on
the 62 - 67 V-4 88-90 hp V4 2-stroke sterndrive. You might be able to find
one of those regulator pretty cheaply. See;
http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/gallery/hughes/65-68_OMC_Wiring_Schematic.jpg