RE: RE: [omc-boats] venting the cowling

From: Greg Van Vliet <gvanvliet@...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:24:37 -0700

My floor had an extra piece of plywood under it near the stern. It was
almost full width and about 2 ft long - basically the size of the motor
well area. I assume that this was there for extra strength where weight
would always be present (battery and outboard fuel tank). I also wonder if
it is because the hull was the same for outboard and sterndrive models.
 The sterndrives must have stronger stringers though . . . Does anyone
know if their floor was similar - whether outboard or sterndrive?

- Greg