Re: [omc-boats] Through Transom Exhaust

From: aperakes@...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:52:38 -0600

I'd have to agree with Lee -- if the powertrain isn't designed to take
advantage of it, you probaly won't even notice the difference other than the
boat being a lot more noisy and obnoxious to your neighbors. (I'm a
powertrain engineer, btw.)

Also worth noting that the SAE standard (yes, the "SAE" on the oil can --
Society of Automotive Engineers covering land, sea, air, and space travel)
for measuring horsepower changed around that time. I don't remember the
exact year or if the change also applied to marine engines, but I know many
cars had to drop their advertised Hp.

Andy Perakes
1967 Johnson Reveler

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:34:42 -0600, lib1 wrote

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)