Re: [omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #579

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:58:02 -0500

Just in case anyone missed my comments on ventilation I will repeat them
now - first off, if you have a gas leak - from the pump or hoses -
ventilation is the worst thing you can do - it adds a great deal of
oxygen to the fuel vapor and sets up one hell of an explosion -
unfortunately I know because I have been through such - so please,
frequently and completely check every inch of the fuel delivery system.
Ventilating is fine if a very small amount of fuel is present and will
vaporize - but that condition rarely occurs since spilled gas is usually
at the bow of the boat. Dave