Re: Re: [omc-boats] Membership listing . . ?

From: tpaquette@...
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:34:46 -0400

I recently completed the exact the thing you are doing.

I did the following.

removed the entire rubrail, steering cable etc.

Cut the seam with a small pnuematic sawsall. The grinder is a bad idea as ti heats the fiberglass too much (trust me I started that way).

I used a blade from Lowes that was for cutting fiberglass it was about 3 inches long. Go slow and take allot of breaks so you dont overheat and melt the fibeglass.

I used a utlity knife to cut the edge of the glued seam on the boat floor.

I used a screwdriver and a drill bit to "cut" the transom plywood at the motor area of the transom/seating. It was mostley rotten so it was no big deal. The hardest part was the "corners" of this area and that is where I used the drill bit to kinda saw it open...

It also has a splotch of glass resin under the floor area that is part of the seat if you know what I mean. It had zero resistance when I lifted the seating section out.

On last piece of advise. Wear a mask and gloves the glass dust gets pretty heavy but most it falls to the floor

Phil do you have the pictures I sent out a while back that swamped your server?

I think that would help him out allot.

Feel free to email back any questions

Tom
Charlotte, NC