Re: [omc-boats] Intermediate Gearcase

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:08:42 -0500

Yup, Ethan has it laid out nicely - however, I never removed the knuckle
(ball gear) joint when I pulled mine - but it dose make it easier to use
a press to pull the race off the shaft - in my case it was the roller
bearings that went - if there is any slop in the roller bearing I would
replace it along with the ball bearing - the roller bearing takes the
majority of the load. Dave