Re: [omc-boats] Intermediate Gearcase

From: scottveazie@...
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:28:59 +0000

David,

I pulled my driveshaft to replace the bearings....which there wasn't much left of. Do I have to pull the race out of the housing, or should I just re-use it? Does anybody know the timken part number for the bearings? Are they the same? Thanks!!

~Scott

From: David <odin@...>
Ken, It is pretty easy to replace the seals - pull the drive off and there are three bolts holding the cover plate on - take the plate off and the drive shaft should come right out. The rear seal is right there - and the inner seal will be visable as well. Dave

David T. Detrick wrote:

Kenneth

Please remove David Detricks name from your list. He passed away last week.

Thank You, Mrs. Detrick