[omc-boats] Intermediate Gearcase

From: Kenneth Fingerlos <kenf@...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:26:37 -0700

Ok... the individual who posted about the seals on the intermeidate gearcase has me thinking....

I've got a lot of oil/grease showing around the exhaust on the intermediate housing... sounds like the "outer" shaft seal (based entirly on his posting).

How difficult is it to pull the shaft, and subsequently to replace the seals? I have the Seloc manual - but find it a little difficult to follow since it covers so many different models/variations; I'm good with tools, but not someone who'd take on rebuilding a transmition or gearcase. I try to avoid things which involve adjusting clearances via shims.

Kenneth