RE: [omc-boats] fuel pump issues

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:37:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, jdood wrote:
> Ok - so I need about 4-7psi - Is that typically what most automotive
> type fuel pumps do, or could I have accidentally gotten a pump that does
> 1psi, or 25psi or something? The pump I got is new, but has a
> Mitsubishi symbol stamped on the side. Not the pump I was expecting,
> and no literature included - but perhaps could work anyway. I bought on
> ebay and am stuck with it. I would like to use it if possible, but if I
> have to get something else I guess I have to. Just want to make sure I
> get the right thing this time.

One possibility is that you might have a "lift pump", which is used in a
car to move the fuel from the tank to the high-pressure "fuel injection"
pump closer to the engine. Many cars use a two-pump system, though the
first pump is often integrated an in-tank module. The lift pump is
designed to reduce the suction the main pump needs to move fuel up to the
front of the car, and thus will likely not deliver the volume and pressure
of fuel you need.

Ethan