Re: [omc-boats] fuel pump issues

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:30:39 -0500

Yes, 4 to 7 pounds is pretty standard for autos as well - SeaFoam is an
additive you can get at most auto parts stores - it is made in Minnesota
and is great stuff - you can put a can in your oil, and unlike other
engine cleaners you do not have to change the oil - and putting a can in
your gas tank will clean it out as well. You can even hear old gummed up
lifters smooth out right after putting SeaFoam in the oil. I have had a
few electric pumps - used to buy the cheap ones for around $20 - they
never last long - expect to spend $40-$50 on a good one. You might stop
buy a Mitsubishi dealer and get the specks on yours from them? As for
the water filter, it will catch dirt etc. as well, but I would still put
in a good fuel filter. Good luck - Dave