[omc-boats] expense

From: Hank Harcha <hharcha@...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:42:11 -0400

I am new to this list. I have an opportunity to purchase a 1970? evinrude sportfisherman. It has a 4 cyl chevy engine and is in good shape. I have taken care of the boat in Canada since it was purchased new so I know it's past. The boat has a lot of memories but I have been discouraged by a mechanic because he feels the parts will be too difficult to get. Currently the motor to raise the engine needs replaced. He said the outboard would be the most difficult to work on although it works fine now. The four cyl. runs great and the boat doesn't leak too bad. My biggest concern is the gasket on the rear of the boat since it is original.

Have the members of the list found that getting parts is diificult and overly expensive? I know it will require some work to maintain but it is a great boat for the open water and has some memories. Thanks for you imput. Hank