Re: [omc-boats] Buick V6 engine

From: lib1@...
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:15:21 -0600

I have a web page that breaks out the various OMC sterndrive model numbers,
see
http://hhscott.com/evinrude/stringer_models_72.htm

The first two letters indicate the engine type, while the numbers indicate
the year, with 11 being 1963, 12=1964, 13=1965, etc.

The Buick/Jeep V6 was slightly modified between 1966-1967. The 150 hp models
use a single barrel manifold and carb, while the 155 hp models (starting in
1967 used a two-barrel carb and manifold. The choke mechanism was also
different. There were some minor internal differences but those shouldn't
affect interchange of major parts.

Lee Shuster