Re: [omc-boats] 69 rogue

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:50:47 -0500

I wouldn't worry too much about the foam under the engine - nothing
under there to rot, but I would dig back into it as far as you can just
to get the weight out. On the tilt gear, or clutch, you can pull the
cover plate and check the condition of the worm gear and clutch plates
by just looking in - most likely full of sluge and gunk - to check
everything out you need to pull the motor on the inside of the transom,
then take the snap ring off the gear that drives the lower unit up, and
the whole thing will slide out. Checking out the clutch plates can be a
pain without a press - but can be done. Dave