[omc-boats] Suggestion for Ball Drive Parts on 1969 or 1970 120

From: A Mark <tinman694@...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 06:50:45 -0700 (PDT)

I know I just posted about the lights--but wanted to
check also on a suggestion for sourcing the ball drive
parts (the engine looks to be a 1969 or 1970--the boat
is a 1970 Johnson Tiderider)
The ball gear has a couple of the teeth shaved off
(pointed) from what looks to be someone 'trimming' the
lower unit. Since the boat has not been in the water
for at least 5 years, I want to replace the ball
drive, update the gaskets on the side covers (pivots)
and replace the water pump assembly--I know the local
west marine store can do the parts through sierra--but
I wondered if there may be a better source (and maybe
a better price?) I am a capable mechanic with most
tools (as my other hobby is Italian Sports Cars) not
worried about doing the repairs, just need a hopefully
good source of parts from someone who isn't a total
jerk--if you know what I mean.

Andy