Re: [omc-boats] Replica of the Nina

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 21:34:28 -0400

Wow, Ryan -- 3 girls, just like me! Your look a bit older though, as mine are 8 mo, 4, and 6.

If you like old boats, try and make your way to the San Diego Maritime Museum (http://www.sdmaritime.com/). I travel there for off-road 4x4 testing (a few hours east into the desert, actually) about every other year and always spend at least a few hours there. They've got quite a nice collection, including the H.M.S. Surprise from the movie Master and Commander. The first time I was there, Stars & Stripes (America's Cup) sailed right up to me, turned, traversed the side of the Star of India, the sailed back off -- great photo op!