[omc-boats] wiring help

From: Ryan <kmoore12@...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:10:14 -0500

Thanks Lee. I was just at West Marine today! I found the Marine Grade wire
that is tinned and rated 120 degrees C. for engine compartments. They have
your basic colors but I just bought white and black. I saw the heat shrink
butt connectors but they were like $22 for a 10 pack and I'm not sure what I
want to do yet. They also have a wide selection of stainless steal bolts
as well as brass. I think I will be able to find everything I need at that
store. One question I still have. On the starter, if I use the tinned
connectors, is that good enough or should they be also coated with grease,
paint, or RTV? Or should I try to make some sort of boot to seal it up?

Thanks,

Ryan