Re: [omc-boats] Anyone know what this wire is for?

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:39:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Ryan wrote:
> The black one runs down to the bildge where the pump/blower is. It looks as
> if it isn't original. I just want to make sure before I ripe it out. Here
> is a link to a picture of it.
> http://home.ec.rr.com/mar00isa/index.html/Unknown%20wire%20(Large).jpg

The "Wide Angle" marking made me think "fish finder", and indeed a Google
search shows that Lowrance made a "TPD-1192-20 degree high-speed
transducer", apparently for an X-4 fishfinder. It looks like the
TPD-series transducers were shoot-through-hull sensors, so it would've been
mounted in the bilge.

Ethan

--
<A HREF="http://www.engr.wisc.edu/~brodskye/"> Ethan Brodsky </A>
UW FutureCar Team Paradigm: Two-Year FutureCar Challenge Winner