Re: [omc-boats] Another Late model surfer

From: Scott E. Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:13:21 -0700

I thought I'd take this opportunity to lament the fact that I live in
Washington state, and if the boat weren't so far away I'd buy it right now.
Anybody heading out west this summer and would be willing to tow a boat with
them?
Other interesting items this weekend: Yesterday my ignition system died on
the river, so I drifted with no control until a very nice family towed me 3
miles back to the launch. Needless to say, after replacing the coil, points
and condenser, all is right with the old Seasport. Another thing is
yesterday I spotted in a field next to my grandparents about a 64 or 65
Sportsman Outboard model with original trailer. It's been in the field for
about 10 years, I'm trying to find out who owns it and will try and buy it
for very little since it's not getting any love in that field. The interior
is gone, all that is left is the floor and the old bifold windshield, hull
looks good but very dirty, it has a Johnson 70hp 3 cyl. hanging on it. I'm
mainly excited about the trailer, but might get the boat up and running too.
If it turns out to be too much, I'll part the boat out to the membership.

~Scott