[omc-boats] spam (and the list)

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:00:04 -0500 (EST)

"Ryan" <kmoore12@...> wrote:
> We are all taking a big chance with this mailing list. People
> like to steal them. Just hope the firewall works. :)

I have a small list of old High School friends that started getting
spam, I suspect because someone either cc'ed the list on chain mail,
or forwarded a list message to someone who forwarded it ....

This list only allows members to post, but if you forward messages,
it's probably a good idea to remove (or mangle) any e-mail addresses
contained in the message to avoid possibility the addresses might
someday be "harvested"

Just checked, it looks like I started the list around April 1998.
There are now 88 subscribers, the first, Bob Painter is still on the list.

It's in the twenties today in Boston! Happy Warm, Dry Holidays
(whichever, if any, you celibrate), and a Happy New Year!

Phil