Re: [omc-boats] off topic

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:49:54 -0600

Glenn, I am president of a National Bank in Wisconsin - I have received
many such scam emails and faxes - but what is amazing is that some of my
customers have actually fallen for them - sent deposits of up to
$5,000.00 out of the country - lost it all of course - and don't forget
the Ebay scams - I bid on a boat, lost the bid, received an Ebay notice
that the winner dropped out and I was now the winner - to send the
money, via Western Union (a big tip off) to England to complete the
purchase - I called the winning bidder and was told they were picking
the boat up that weekend! So, everyone out there - be very careful and
suspicious - Dave