Re: [omc-boats] new member

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:47:22 -0600

Ryan, The first thing I would suggest you do is a compression test on
the engine - often overheating as bad as you described can cause the
head to crack - between the intake and exhaust valves - the area between
the two valves is only about 1/8th of an inch and often the crack is
hard to find. but if compression hits above 140 psi, and none lower, you
should be ok - heads by the way, in the mid-west, are very hard to
find. Dave