Re: [omc-boats] V-6 engines

From: lib1@...
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:39:52 -0700

Hi Glenn,

I did quite a bit of Buick V6 research in this area before I decided on doing the small-block Chevy upgrade.

You should be able to subsitute the newer even-fire Buick. I took my odd-fire OMC exhause manifolds and compared them against the even-fire exhaust manifold gasket and they looked compatible. Not sure, but I think you'll need to use even-fire intake manifold. You'll need to use the even-fire distributor, for sure. I'm fairly certain this will work as I was considering using the larger 252 CID V6 even-fire Buick.

BTW, didn't you get a new trailer? How do you like it? Any fitment issues?

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City