[omc-boats] parts wanted, administravia

From: Phil Budne <phil>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "Andy Perakes" <aperakes@...>
>
> I sent a note to the guy selling the outdrive (see below) to see if he
> was parting the boat out. I need one of the clips for the windshield.
> Wasn't someone else looking for a windshield?

and

> From: mike.s.sweeney@...
>
> I'm still looking for a windshield for a '68 Reveler.

Would it be of any interest to post parts wanted to the "wanted" page
(which doesn't have many entries), or to create a "parts wanted" page?

A reminder: Please try to keep posts on topic (OMC Boats). There's
been some drift recently. An occasional lapse into "I have to share
this" is unavoidable, but try not to make a habit of it (which is
where my reminder comes in). All it takes is one big exchange that
has nothing to do with the list topic, and people can start to leave
like rats from a sinking ship (instructions for leaving are appended
to every message, or you can mail me. replying is never the right
way). I've been away a lot in the last few weeks, so I haven't been
more vigilant...

Lastly, posting photos (or any enclosures) directly to the list
doesn't work for people getting the "digest". Maybe someday I'll get
a new server, and upgrade the list management software to fix this,
but for now, try to remember to send photos to me, and put them on the
web server (if not necessarily linked into the web site).

that is all.