Re: [omc-boats] Tach's Speedo's & Redlines - Long Post

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:46:22 -0400

Clever use of the solenoids, Lee! This would be 1 of 4 parts we've had to replace in 38 years (the other 3 being the alternator, water pump, and tilt cog). It's been 15-20 years since I replaced my soleoid and I remember I couldn't find an exact part then, but I did find a useable model and it has worked fine. The main problem is the mount -- newer solenoids mount differently. I managed to secure mine in place by wrapping it in some heavy tape and using the original straps.

I'm heading to the lake tonight and will look for a solenoid part number to send you. This will also be my first chance to try out the NAPA fuel filters Greg told me about.