Re: [omc-boats] Tilt relays - same as starter relays

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:34:10 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/05 9:10:23 AM Central Daylight Time, lib1@...
writes:

<< But wait. One could physically swap UP/DOWN relays? Or easier yet --
make a quick jumper wire that allows the UP Switch/Relay to first LOWER the
motor, then remove the jumper and re-install the UP motor wire on the UP Relay when
it's time to get back on the trailer at day's end. So that's just what I did.
(Just remember to only hook up one motor wire at a time.) Worked great. Now
if I can only find that brand new relay out in the garage! Anyone know a NAPA
equavalent p/n for our tilt relays >>

Those relays are the equivalent of a starter relay which Ford uses.

I have disassembled those relays by drilling out the rivits and then cleaning
the contacts. One could re-wind the coil if it is burned out or if burned out
where it contacts the terminal, you could unwind one turn or splice a piece
of wire to extend it to the terminal.

I tapped the holes and put machine screws in place. Worked fine.

Starter relays are under $10 at auto parts stores.

Lee Hazen