Re: [omc-boats] flotation

From: David <odin@...>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:25:52 -0500

When testing the 17' dual deluxe out of Waukegan I managed to flip it -
the floatation was great - the cowling around the stern was even with
the water and the bow was about a foot out of the water - they hooked
another boat to me with a V6 in it and started pulling slowly - the boat
picked up and I was able to use one of the side storage bins to bail
water - eventually I was able to pull the drain plug, pick the drives up
and they actually pulled me up on a slow plane - once dry I replaced the
drain plug and they finished pulling me in. So I know first hand when
the foam is dry, it is more than sufficient! Dave