Re: [omc-boats] distributors

From: Lee Shuster <lib1@...>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:56:02 -0700

Here's the manufacturer's website:
http://www.pertronix.com/

Haven't used one of these myself, but it should retain the marine rating of the original distributor, while giving the benefit of not having to adjust points and a much hotter spark, if used with a hotter coil. Also retains stock appearance, which is nice. Should improve starting and yield a small increase in fuel mileage.

I don't know about you, but I'd carry a spare module on the boat. At least with points, you can re-adjust or swap 'em out. With an electronic failure you might want to have a tow rope and a good radio.

Lee Shuster