Re: [omc-boats] 1967 Johnson 19ft Surfer Buick V8 is back again in Nebraska

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:14:01 -0400

They need to post stuff like this at the launch ramps! My favorites are the guys who spin their tires wildly as the whole rig goes backwards into the water. Unfortuantely the site doesn't mention anything about using the minimum throttle needed to move forward soas not to spin wheels and break static friction. The most unique solution I've seen to avoid losing traction was a full-size van owner who had mounted a hitch on the front as well as the rear -- he said it not only kept the driven wheels on drier pavement, it also made it a lot easier for him to see his way up and down the ramp.