Re: [omc-boats] 1967 Johnson 19ft Surfer Buick V8 is back again in Nebraska

From: LOUPALSKIP@...
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:57:00 EDT

I have an 1967 Evinrude Sportsman with the original trailer. I purchased it
in Arkansas and towed it back to California. I did have some trouble with
fishtailing, but I attributed it to uneven tire wear. I was planning on
replacing the tires, but now I wonder if that will solve the problem. Perhaps the
uneven tire wear was caused by the fishtailing. It appears that at some
point, a previous owner had increased the tongue length on the trailer. I'm
surmising that it was done to prevent the front corners of the boat from
contacting the back of the tow vehicle in sharp turns. For those not familiar with
the Sportsman model, it is almost square at the front. Skip Redman

In a message dated 8/14/2005 8:21:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,