Re: [omc-boats] 1967 Johnson 19ft Surfer Buick V8 is back again in Nebraska

From: lib1@...
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:38:29 -0600

I guessing here, but back in the sixities your typical full-size car or station wagon was body on frame construction. Most of the trailer hitches sold back then bolted into the frame and the bumper. Most of those typical hitches had a 200 lb tongue weight rating. Also even though that's the trailer's (3150 lb) capacity, the 19-ft hulls weighed in around 2100-2200 lbs, so they aon't be far off the 10% mark.

But you are right, way to many rigs are swaying down the road because the tongue weight is too light.

Lee Shuster