Re: [omc-boats] 1967 Johnson 19ft Surfer Buick V8 is back again in Nebraska

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:19:50 -0400

What I find most interesting about this is the trailer tag which states 3150 lb capacity and 200 lb tongue load -- normal rule of thumb is tongue weight = 10% of loaded trailer weight. Even old trailering literature I've read uses the 10% rule, but obviusly Johnson never did....I wonder why? Do any of you who have the Johnson trailers have troubles with fishtailing?