Re: [omc-boats] Seasport Issues

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:10:08 -0400

Flow is proportional to filter size and resistance. If you think the filter
is restricting your fuel flow and you think you need the filter, try a
larger filter size. Many of the newer filters are much more efficient and
trap much smaller particles than filters from 40 years ago. Combine that
with a 40 year old fuel system that likely has a lot of debris inside and
it is quite possible the filter can substantially plug after only a short
period of operation (minutes to hours). Since filters are cheap and
relatively easy to change, I'd try an new and/or larger filter. Good luck!