RE: [omc-boats] Cupped props ??

From: David Avedesian <david.avedesian@...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:33:51 -0400

Daemian:

A Cupped 13" prop will give you the out of the hole performance and at
the same time give you the WOT rpm's. The keys to picking a prop are as
follows:

* With the boat generally loaded with fuel, gear and people, you
want to be able to achieve WOT (wide open throttle) rpm's. Each motor
will have a 400-500 rpm WOT range. It is very important that the
engine is allowed to top out at WOT-rpm's. Under rev'ing, causes the
motor to load up and over rev'ing will cause the motor to break.
* A cupped prop will have a slight curl to the trailing edge of
the blades. The primary purpose is to hold the water on the blade
longer without causing cavitation. Generally a cupped prop is on a SS
prop.
* If you can try the prop on a trial basis then you will be able
to see if it helps.

Good luck,

David Avedesian
Sweet 16 "Never Been Kissed"