Re: [omc-boats] Dipstick on Buick 225 V-6

From: Bill Desmond <nebdlo@...>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 06:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...> wrote:

I'd appreciate if someone could measure their dipstick so I can find or
make one that'll work. The measurements I would need are total length
(bottom of cap flange to tip), distance from tip to low/high marks, and
width. I'm sure there's something out that that'll fit. I'm thinking I
can probably just cut an old truck dipstick to length and make new marks.

Ethan

--
I also had a problem of a missing dipstick. I found a dipstick that fit the tube but was longer.  Changed the oil with the listed capacity for the engine and marked it that way. I guess you could fill the block a half or a quart low and make a low mark also. Just make sure to trim the stick before starting it.