Re: [omc-boats] running while in tilt position

From: LeeHazen@...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:21:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/05 2:13:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
glennhalweg@... writes:

<< Another issue I haven't seen addressed while running engine while tilted
is the lack of water circulation for cooling the engine. >>

I never thought of that - - There's no hose connecting the out drive water
source to the engine?

Oh, I remember, the water is sent via the hinge pins that the out drive
swivels on. There are caps on each side of those round swivels. There
is a flush adapter that injects water into one of the swivels.

So, I think the engine does get water even if the outdrive is tilted up, but
not
out of the water.

Lee H