RE: [omc-boats] 16' Trailer tilt

From: Gregory B. Fell <gfell@...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:58:03 -0500

My trailer jack just broke last year. I couldn't find a replacement, so I
just added on an off the shelf wheel jack. When the tongue is on the hitch
(or anything else - like a cinder block), you can tilt the frame up to a
pretty steep angle. Obviously, the original trailer jack below the winch
needs to be operational. I remember my dad replacing the gears when I was a
kid. They were pretty delicate - plastic, I think. When it's tilted up,
you can snap the built in wheel (which is attached to the part of the frame
that tilts) down. When the built in wheel hits the ground, the tongue comes
back up off the hitch. It's a wonderful design.

Gregory B. Fell

The Fell Law Firm

3300 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 700

Dallas, Texas 75219