RE: [omc-boats] Tow Vehicles

From: Ian Torrey <itorrey@...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:38:33 -0500

Funny... I did the house addition last year. No sooner had we completed the
new garage than I filled it with truck parts. :) The boat was supposed to
come first though...

Thanks for the info. We're probably going to end up with an '05 Odyssey.
Rated to tow 3500 lbs, but the price of the "towing package" with
transmission and power steering cooler is pretty steep, so I'm trying to
justify it to myself. I'll probably go for it, so that we can tow a large
tent trailer in the future - we'll probably have this van for 10+ years
(just to pay it off, I think).

Phil, I've been looking for any hull identification plates, and can't seem
to find them. I'm suspecting they were pulled off at some point, as the boat
has been painted. On that note... the blue paint job is starting to peel, to
reveal a more blue-grey color beneath. Has anyone found a way of safely
stripping old paint without damaging the finish/fiberglass beneath?

Thanks,
Ian