[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #250

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:58:33 -0500

If you want to throw money in a hole then go out and buy a new boat or take
up golf at the exclusive club. You have paid your dues and it will
eventually pay off. The water pumps for a boat are designed to pump salt
water in addition to fresh water therefore the difference. Thats about all I
know. I tow with a GMC 4X4 truck and do not have surge or elec. brakes and
it does ok. I bought a WESCO alum. trailer several years ago. It had to be
fitted with some damage occurring to the gelcoat from the dealers. I traded
because I couldnt get new tires for the 19ft trailer - go figure! You cant
beat those old trailers if you can keep them in shape.I restored the name
plate on the back of the boat (Rogue) masking off the script with a razor
knife and masking tape and painted it with a primer followed by a black
textured paint from LOWE'S. The paint is outdoor for furniture or fixtures
and does a good job. I stripped the original paint off which was in pretty
bad shape. Good luck this spring. You know there should be a tell tale water
jet from the rear that tells you the water pump is pushing water through the
system. Get a SELOC manual and check it out. TK