[omc-boats] Winter Restoration Project

From: LShuster \(lib1\) <lib1@...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:44:20 -0700

My 1966 Sportsman 150 was originally sold with a 1967 Little Dude trailer, of Ft Worth, TX trailer. It's a decent trailer and I've modified it with fitted bunks to provide much better under-hull area support (see scroll down webpage for photos):
http://hhscott.com/evinrude/little_dude_trailer.htm
It tows well at all legal sppeds, and launches and retrieves well, I'd just like to have trailer brakes, given my tow vehicle only weighs about 3750 lbs.

Much as I like this trailer I plunked down $60 today for an original 16' Evinrude trailer which I plan on restoring to its original glory.. It's rough but has the original torsion-bar suspension, disc brakes, and jacking tilt mechanism. I've always thought the design and construction of these trailers were way ahead of their time. Anybody else out there on the list have any experience or pointers for restoring one of these trailers?

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City