[omc-boats] Looking for OMC Distributor Cap/Wires

From: Ian Torrey <itorrey@...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:42:50 -0400

I'm slowly working away at my Sweet 16 project boat, but haven't got past
mechanical yet. Would anyone know where I could get a distributor cap for a
1967 Starflite 100 S outboard (at a reasonable price...)? The centre pin is
broken off in the current cap I have, and I just can't justify the price
they quoted me from the Envinrude book at my local marina.

I have a similar vintage (65/66?) 100hp Johnson that I bought solely for the
cap, but now I think that this engine should be usable, so would like to see
if I could get both running :) Also, can anyone tell me what I need to know
about buying ignition wires? Is there a difference between marine and
automotive, or are there specifications I need on the wire to get an
appropriate substitute?

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks-
Ian