[omc-boats] Bilge pumps; was Suitability for Water-Skiing

From: lib1@...
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:14:05 -0600

The bilge "pump" is actually designed for double-duty. It not only pumps
water, but it also turns a caged-fan to circulate air and any dangerous fuel
fumes out of the boat's engine compartment.
I don't have the Evinrude/Johnson parts manuals in front of me, but I'd
guess all the OMC/E-J I/O boats used a common bilge pump.

Don't see why a modern day replacement pump couldn't be subsituted, provided
you can also purge the fumes with a suitable blower.

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City