[omc-boats] Re: omc-boats-digest V1 #190

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:57:46 -0400

This answer is for Lee Hazen, I got a stern drive flusher on e-bay for the
69 Rogue - it replaces the end cap at the pivot point and you hook up a
garden hose and you can run the engine at low speeds and flush the system.
It cost me a bunch but works great. It is made by OMC and is a " flushing
adaptor kit" part #172367. They don't come up on ebay often, in fact mine is
the only one I've seen but I bet some dealers still have them.
To all ::: Thanks for the advice! I'll start with carb., plug wires then
coil and then maybe fuel pump. Somewhere in there I'll do a compression
test. I'll let you know if I'm getting anywhere. Tom Klauber