[omc-boats] What boat am I looking at?

From: Ray Garcia <7samurai@...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:15:42 -0700

Greetings, I'm looking at buying a stern drive glass boat. I don't know
what it is or what powers it though. It appears to have a Ford 351 with an
adapter plate to mount it to stern drive. The stern drive appears to have a
chevy small block bolt pattern. If that is true that would be great, I have
a small block 400 I'd build to put in it. I took numbers down from hull,
motor and stern drive. Is there a list somewhere where I can look these
numbers up? The OMC motor had the following numbers: Model: 990231M
Serial: W523681

Stern drive had these numbers, Model: 981061, Ser. W100574

Hull: RENA Z8O1M77A-V1801

The boat is not running, the heads have been removed and the exhaust has a
hairline crack in it running perpendicular to the ports. The guy will sell
it to me for $400. It has a great body style. It would look really good in
the water. Any input from you all out there would be appreciated. If I
bought this boat I would put in the chevy 400 if it would bolt up to stern
drive and I would need to purchase exhaust. Where would I find these parts
at a reasonable price?

Ray Garcia

Moses Lake, Wa.