Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:48:51 -0500

Hi Joe,

I know what you mean I worked for OMC until they filed bankruptcy. Worked on
outboards and sterndrive engines. I presently have an outboard but would
prefer a sterndrive. Grew up on Lake Michigan with an outboard. Later had a
19' Evinrude Rogue that my brother and I kept in Waukegan harbor. He worked
for OMC too, once the company folded we couldn't afford to keep the slip.
Had the boat from 1970 until we sold it in 1988 never a problem with the
engine. Only problem that we ever had was the transom started to get soft by
the steering pulleys. We cut that out and epoxied in new wood and then
glassed it

Glenn