Re: OMC Boats for Newbies [omc-boats] New Member

From: Glenn Halweg <glennhalweg@...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:26:47 -0500

Lee,

When I had my Rogue I trailered short distances (my house to Waukegan Harbor
2 miles) with the unit up. Long distances I just took the unit off only four
screws (bolts) attach it to the intermediate (bell) housing and set it in
the boat. I also took the unit off for winter storage so the boat fit in my
garage. The lower unit is heavy so this is not something I would recommend
doing by one's self.

I also read the post by Joe McGill where he says he would prefer to stick
with an outboard. A "shade tree mechanic" might actually prefer a stern
drive unit as they are automobile engines modified for marine use. Of course
there are less parts in a two stroke engine and there is lots of information
available. Myself I don't like mixing oil in the gas, the smell of the
exhaust or the amount of smoke given off.

Glenn