[omc-boats] Evinrude Playmate won't Play

From: Ed Oliver <ed.oliver@...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:20:09 -0500

I bought an Evinrude Playmate last summer, thinking I'd get it in shape
and have some fun.

Ity seemed like a good idea at the time, but I bit off more than I can
chew here.

After too much money with an old-time mechanic and even more of my own
time, I am calling it quits.

There are some new and rebuilt parts. I had it running but it had no
power--probably needs a carb rebuild. Now it needs a starter relay too.
 But after a succession of fix-this-to-find-that I would expect
something else after the carbs are straightened out. I have about $1500
in this bucket and I'd be excited to get half that back. At least the
trailer rolls...presently resting in northern Minnesota.

I am considering:
- selling it intact
- selling it for parts
- having a bonfire with the boat and building a utility bed on the trailer

If anyone is interested in all or part of this boat, please reply
privately so we don't drag the whole group into it.

thanx
ed