Question

From: Thomas Klauber <tklauber@...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:35:12 -0400

Anybody out there got any idea on finding out who made component parts for the Evinrude boats? Like who made the aluminum rub rails for these boats and sold them to Evinrude? Who made the plastic light lenses? Where did this stuff come from and how do we go about recreating them to keep our boats looking good. The remaining spare parts are few and hard to find. Any price would be reasonable considering the price of a new boat with its attendant expenses. I've been thinking about this for some time and thought I would throw it out for discussion. Also I have learned that the best sealer for the transom seal is 3M 101 Marine Sealant. It is nasty stuff , messy but it works better than anything else. I tried several types of silicone sealant and they don't seem to work as well. Hope everyone is enjoying the water this summer. Be thinking about that winter project. I think I''ll tear down and re-do the sterndrive. Still got some minor trim in the cockpit to do and still need to get the wiring shipshape! Tom K.